Assistant Controller with Accounting Experience
Looking to work in a fast growing and established high-growth company? Want to be a part of a team with low hierarchy and open communication? Looking for a professional, dynamic, energetic and youthful team? Looking for that perfect job with solid career growth opportunities?
We are hiring an Assistant Controller to join the finance team at DealDash.
DealDash was founded in 2009 and provides a unique twist on gamified shopping, the company is one of Finland’s fastest growing e-commerce companies (Kauppalehti Kasvajat award 2013). We operate in the US market for now and have a current annual revenue of $60 million plus.
A small team with a big business! The DealDash team is made up of highly-motivated, analytical and entrepreneurial professionals who work collaboratively to provide top-notch recreational shopping experiences for our customers. We challenge each other in an open and candid environment, no matter what our job title is, so that we may all grow and improve together.
We are looking for a smart person to join our finance team in Helsinki. The finance team currently consists of seven highly motivated and professional colleagues that are lacking a great team player that could pick up and run with some of the accounting responsibilities. To ensure that the job is interesting and provides a good potential for future career growth and develop, you will be able to spend half of your time in other finance related projects and tasks. As we grow, there will be opportunities to participate in all kinds of projects that improve the business. So why not join us for an exciting opportunity to experience international business and master financial information!
The job is full-time and based at our office on Kalevankatu.
Monthly financial accounting contributes to about 50% of the work:
- Preparing a general ledger
- Producing supporting material, i.e. deferred revenue, prepayments, inventory and trade payables
The other 50% of work relates to a range of different project, such as:
- Communicating with external partners
- Preparing intercompany invoices and reconciliations
- Producing intercompany transfer pricing and Tax related tasks
- Supporting in the production of high quality management reports
- Participating in annual statutory financial statement process in accordance with FAS
- Participate in a range of projects in line with your personal interests and expertise
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Analytical and data driven mindset
- An understanding of financial accounting together with Finnish accounting standards (FAS)
- Problem-solving skills to deal with challenges you have never experienced before
- Project management and teamwork skills
- Solid command of English, which is the working language
- Attention to detail and ability to investigate financial discrepancies
- Basic SQL skills are a plus but not a requirement
- Work with talented co-workers
- Develop as a professional together with our growing business
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for career progression within the company